I just love the lovely marriage of vibrant colours in this garlic prawn spaghetti recipe. The pop of red and green reminds me of spring and I like that is a much lighter dish compared to carbonara. It is so quick and easy to cook and you can have a meal ready in 15-20 minutes. Honestly, the longest wait is for the pasta to cook!
30g butter (~ 2 T)
1T vegetable oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
Chilli, sliced thinly
A small handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
100ml white wine
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in a pot of boiling water. Reserve some cooking water and drain and set aside.
- Sauté the garlic and chilli on medium heat with 1T vegetable oil till the garlic starts to brown.
- Add the tomatoes and wine and simmer for a couple minutes.
- Add the prawns and butter. The prawns are added at a late stage since they are already cooked and we do not want to overcook it. If you are using raw prawns, add it in before the tomatoes and wine.
- Tip in the pasta and mix well. Squeeze in a bit of lemon juice to brighten up the flavours.
- Stir in the parsley and serve with a grating of parmesan cheese.